Peter Waite is known for his large-scale images concerned with places that embody public sentiment or ideological concerns. Empty architectural monuments provide the reoccurring theme of personal and social memory. His art invites the viewer to examine how well one knows one’s own habits of looking, of remembering, and of being certain.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The work of Peter Waite is included in several prestigious public collections, such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The New Britain Museum of American Art, and the Palm Springs Desert Museum. He is the recipient of numerous awards and grants from national organizations, including the Guggenheim Fellowship Foundation, The National Endowment for the Arts, and the Pollock-Krasner Foundation.
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- February gallery shows ponder architectural possibilities The Seattle Times
- Peter Waite’s “Thresholds” at Winston Wächter. Supersonic
- Thresholds at Winston Wächter The Stranger
- Architectural Allure City Beat
- Tonight: Peter Waite and Ann Gardner at Winston Wächter Gallery City Arts
- AEQAI Not Your Everyday Sightseeing Tour of Cincinnati Review of Peter Waite’s The Cincinnati Series