ABOUT THE ARTWORK
Peter Waite’s large-scale paintings concern places that embody public sentiment or ideological concerns. Empty architectural monuments provide the reoccurring theme of personal and social memory. His art invites the viewer to examine how well one knows one’s own habits of looking, of remembering, and of being certain.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
The work of Peter Waite is included in several prestigious public collections, such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- February gallery shows ponder architectural possibilities The Seattle Times
- Peter Waite’s “Thresholds” at Winston Wächter. Supersonic
- Thresholds at Winston Wächter The Stranger
- Architectural Allure City Beat
- Tonight: Peter Waite and Ann Gardner at Winston Wächter Gallery City Arts
- AEQAI Not Your Everyday Sightseeing Tour of Cincinnati Review of Peter Waite’s The Cincinnati Series