Northwest native Betsy Eby finds inspiration in the region’s natural phenomena. Her abstract paintings incorporate a soothing palette and subtly reference wildflowers, flowing water, migratory birds, frost covered leaves, and misty forests. A lifelong pianist, Eby’s brush strokes have a cadence and rhythm reminiscent of musical compositions and classical sonatas. By employing beeswax in her painting process, she slowly builds up the surfaces of her canvases, creating depth and texture that heighten the organic quality of her work.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Betsy Eby has been exhibited widely across the United States and her works are held in the collections of the Tacoma Art Museum, Tacoma, WA, the Columbus Museum, Columbus, GA, the Georgia Museum of Art, Athens, GA, and several United States Embassies around the world. Eby splits her time between Georgia and Maine, where she holds studios with her husband and painter Bo Bartlett.
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- Betsy Eby: Leading a Poetic Life Electric City Life
- Classical music is the inspiration for fire-proofed paintings at Ogden New Orleans Advocate
- Southern Spirituals American Art Collector (download)
- Master Painters Learn to See With New Eyes NolaVie
- Painting With Fire: A Visit With Betsy Eby Paris Review
- Featured in 'Blanc Canvas', Pg. 4 Gray Magazine (download)
- Organic Composition Luxe (download)
- East Meets West Maine Home and Design (download)
- House Beautiful House Beautiful (download)
- Betsy Eby Elle Decor (download)