Maja Petric creates transformative spatial experiences using data-gathering technology and light installation. Growing up in Croatia during the violent fragmentation of Yugoslavia, she was surrounded by structures in a constant state of fragmentation and repair. It is this unstable environment that fueled her need to create her own alternative spaces where she could remain connected.
“My curiosity for science led me to use cutting edge technologies as an artistic tool to create transformative experiences. My approach became scientific and technical but always rooted in art. Fusing these disciplines lets me discover and create innovative experiences that have a transformative impact.”
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Maja Petric has been exhibited at Microsoft Research Gallery, Henry Art Gallery, Hong Kong Landmark, MadArt Studio, Gallery 4Culture, Matadero Madrid, Medialab Prado, Winter Lights in London, in addition to others. Awards include the Microsoft Research Residency Award, Richard Kelly Light Art Award, two Thunen Lighting Awards, and Doctoral Fellowship from Croatian Science Foundation. Her artwork has been nominated forArts Innovator Award, FastCo. Innovation by Design Awards, International Light Art sAward by the Centre for International Light Art Unna. She is currently Artist in Residence of Redmond, WA, USA.
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- Artist Maja Petric Creates a Cosmos at MadArt Studio Seattle Met
- The Maja Petric Interview Illumni
- Seattle's Fall Art Shows Have Something for Everyone Seattle Times
- Future Leaders Illuminating Engineering Society
- How to turn Amazon workers into art partrons? KUOW
- Way Up Above, pg. 106-107 Surfaces & Coverings
- Lost Skies Artists & Climate Change
- Things To Do The Stranger