The first time Kim Simonsson realized he was able to sculpt was years ago. He was just a little boy playing with the snow in his backyard. The other boys his age would roll snowmen but Kim sculpted a Donald duck. He had three dimensional vision at very early age.
Besides sculpting snow, soccer and history are Kim’s passions. The local soccer field turned into an art studio but tales and history live in his sculpting. The ancient material shapes into life size sculptures of animals and children in Kim Simonsson’s hands. He combines the innocent with an odd agenda. Although the technique he uses is traditional, the way he gives the material a soul is unique.
- Kim Simonsson’s Latest Series Reimagines Nordic “Moss People” Hi-Fructose
- "Moss People" Ceramic Sculptures Bring Nordic Fairy Tales to Life My Modern Met
- Moss People by Kim Simonsson TL Magazine
- The Strange Yet Sensitive World Of Kim Simsonsson’s Sculpture Beautiful Bizarre
- Artist Kim Simonsson creates fairy-tale worlds that show the beauty of nature 1 Million Women