Fascinated by glacial geology, ancient megaliths, and by sites in Ireland, Turkey, and China, Julie Speidel constructs large and small-scale works that appear timeless and at times, exotic. While her glacial rocks pay homage to Pacific Northwest geological forces, her totemic sculptures carry an air of mystery and spiritualism. Whether installed alone or in groups of two or more, her work has a formidable presence that alters the environment in which it is presented.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Julie Speidel has been exhibited widely and her sculptures are included in many prestigious private and public collections in the U.S. and abroad, including the Tacoma Art Museum, three United States Embassies, the Oracle Collection, the Boeing Collection and the Nordstrom Collection.
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- ‘Calhau,’ works by Julie Speidel at Winston Wachter Fine Art, Seattle Blouin Art Info
- Is Tech Squeezing out Seattle Artists? Geek Wire
- 'Petros,' Julie Speidel’s Sculptures at Amazon Seattle Channel
- Julie Speidel at Bloedel Reserve City Arts
- Energy Levels: Sculptor Julie Speidel Luxe
- Energy Levels: Sculptor Julie Speidel (Part II) Luxe (download)
- Cover Feature Luxe (download)
- Featured Work Architectural Digest (download)
- Featured Work World of Interiors (download)