Through her photography Deb Achak explores her fascination with water and the ways in which we connect with it. She examines the texture, color, and poetry of the ocean, as well as the commonalities across cultures in the way we gather, find joy, relaxation, and contemplation at the beach.
In her Ebb and Flow series, Deb Achak takes the viewer into the water, at times submerging her camera, others hovering just above the water line. This series allows us to feel the power of the ocean, as well as it’s ability to sooth and heal.
Achak’s Aquatic Street series documents life by the ocean as the silent observer. She moves within the crowds of people, capturing the impact the ocean can have on human behavior in honest and genuine expressions.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Raised in New Hampshire, Deb Achak holds a master’s degree in social work and is a self-trained photographer and filmmaker. She lives in Seattle, WA with her husband and two sons.
Images available in the following sizes:
18 x 18 inches, Edition of 10
20 x 30 inches, Edition of 10
30 x 30 inches, Edition of 5
30 x 45 inches, Edition of 5
40 x 60 inches, Edition of 3
Contact GALLERY@WINSTONWACHTER.COM with questionsDownload Full Bio
- West Seattle artist sees water in a whole new light King 5 Evening News
- A Conversation With Deb Achak Viewfinder
- All About Photos Daylighted
- This Photographer Transformed Her Attic into an Office domino
- She Told Us To Trust Our Intuition Fraction Magazine
- Winners of the 3 Minute Masterpiece film contest The Seattle Times
- Featured Artwork Luxe Magazine (download)